Description : Baytril flavour Tablets 50 mg for Dogs and Cats.
Presentation : The tablets containing 50 mg Enrofloxacin. The tablets also contain a beef flavouring at 10% w/w.
Enrofloxacin is a synthetic broad spectrum antimicrobial, bactericidal in action and effective against a wide range of gram positive and gram negative bacteria as well as mycoplasmas.
Baytril is indicated for use in dogs and cats in the treatment of bacterial infections of the alimentary, respiratory and urogenital tracts, skin, secondary would infections and otitis externa where clinical experience supported where possible by sensitivity testing of the causal organism, indicates enrofloxacin as the drug of choice.
Dosage and Administration :
Dogs and Cats
The dose rate of enrofloxacin is 5 mgAng given orally once daily or as a divided dose twice daily for 3 to 10 days with or without food. Treatment may be initiated with Baytril 5% injection and maintained with the tablets.
The daily dose is achieved as follows : Baytril Flovour tablets 50 mg - 1 tablets per 3 kg bodyweight. Contraindications, Warnings etc,
• Do not exceed recommended dosage. In cats, retinotoxic effects can occur when the recommended dose is exceeded. In target animal studies, cats have been shown to suffer ocular damage after receiving doses of more than 15 mg/kg once daily for 21 consecutive days. Does of 30 mgMg given once daily for 21 consecutive days have been shown to irreversible ocular damage. cause At 50 mg/kg given once daily for 21 consecutive days, blindness can occur.
• Not for use in dogs less than 1 year of age or in exceptionally large breeds of dog with a longer growth period under 15 months of age, as articular cartilage may be affected during the period of rapid growth.
• Not recommended for use in cats less than 8 weeks of age.
• This product should not be used for prophylaxis.
• For animal treatment only.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Wash hands after use.
• In accidental overdosage, vomiting, diarrhea and GrdS/behavioural uhanges may uccur. There is no antidote and treatment should be symptomatic.
Pharmaceutical Precautions : Do not store above 30°C. Store in a dry place.
Baytril Flavour tablets 50 mg (Dog and Cats) 20 tablets
- Brand: Bayer
- Product Code: PET-BY-0002
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $31.99