Description : Optimmune is an eye ointment that contains cyclosporine. It is used for the management of keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS or dry eye). May also be prescribed for the management of inflammation in another eye condition called chronic superficial keratitis (CSK).
For : Dogs
- Helps relieve discomfort associated with dry eye in dogs.
- Easy to administer ointment stays localized.
- Reduces inflammation and irritation.
How it works : Cyclosporine has broad anti-inflammatory effects that help to reduce damage to the tear glands while also stimulating tear production.
Dosage : Dogs: (All weights) Remove debris from eye(s) with a nonirritating solution. The sterile ointment is usually applied as a ? inch strip to the lower eyelid(s) every 12 hours. Wash your hands prior to using the eye ointment
- Do not touch the tube opening to any surface including eyes or hands. This medication may cause blurred vision.
- Avoid using other eye medications unless approved by the veterinarian.
- Not for use in animals hypersensitive (allergic) to cyclosporine.
- The safety of this medication in puppies, or breeding, pregnant, or lactating animals (female animals nursing their young) has not been determined.
- Do not use in animals with viral or fungal infections of the eye. Successfully treat those conditions before using ophthalmic cyclosporine.Consult with your veterinarian regarding eye examinations and laboratory testing necessary prior to and during treatment with cyclosporine ophthalmic preparations.
Brand Name : Optimmune Ophthalmic Ointment (Schering-Plough).
Optimmune Ophthalmic Ointment 1 tube
- Product Code: DEC-OTM-001
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $47.99